9/10/2021 – 10/8/2021 (Five consecutive Fridays*)
*This course will be held on five consecutive Fridays starting 9/10/2021 and ending 10/8/2021
Times: 9am MT – 4pm MT
Course Objective: To advance knowledge, skills and abilities of students to lead change initiatives at the executive or strategic level of organizations.
Course Description: Project based curriculum that leverages the use of simulations, case studies and student interactions for the most effective learning experience. Students learn and practice the skills necessary to implement statistical process control (SPC), facilitate and use various strategic planning tools and methods, optimize machine up-time rates, alleviate organizational bottlenecks, calculate various financial metrics and ability to lead change initiatives in any organization.
There is a total of 30 classroom hours with additional 10-15 hours of reading, study and homework to be completed prior to course and during instructional week (see homework schedule). Students will be required to lead discussions and give presentations.
Prerequisite for Black Belt certification:
- To be approved for Black Belt testing applicant must hold a current Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Green Belt equivalent certification.
- “Green Belt Equivalent certifications” are normally employer provided credentials that are referred to as something other than Green Belt
What materials are required for the course?
- A printed student manual will be mailed or delivered to you the week prior to the beginning of class. There is note taking space inside the manual, but it is advised to have additional note taking materials (notepad, pen/pencil, highlighter, etc.) available.
- Students are expected to purchase and read The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt prior to beginning the class.
- For the live online environment, students are required to have a high speed internet connection, a working microphone and webcam. The certification exam requires use of Google Chrome internet browser.
What happens if I need to miss a class?
- Your tuition covers the 5 days of a specific course offering. If an emergency prevents you from attending one of the class periods we will do our best to accommodate your schedule and invite you to join that class period at another time.
What is the testing policy?
- The certification exam from AALSSC is included in tuition and is administered on the last day of class. The Green Belt exam is an online timed 90 minute, 60 question exam. It is open note and open book. A score of 75% or greater is required for certification. Exam retakes are subject to the requirements of AALSSC.
What is the live online environment like?
- The live online Green Belt course is delivered through Zoom. Each attendee will participate in a group lecture portion as well as numerous small team breakout sessions to practice using the knowledge and skills taught during the lecture portion.