1/15/2021, 1/22/2021, 1/29/2021, 2/5/2021, 2/12/2021, 2/19/2021
Times: 8am MST – 3pm MST
Course Objective: For students to learn the foundations of Lean Six Sigma and develop problem solving, process improvement, and facilitator skills. A graduate from this course is able to effectively implement solutions that result in lower costs, faster delivery, higher quality, and increased safety of operations.
Course Description: Project based curriculum that leverages the use of simulations, case studies, and team dynamics for the most effective learning experience. Students learn and practice the skills necessary to map, analyze, and improve work processes, implement change management strategies, apply structured problem solving methods, apply root cause analysis tools, and implement proven Lean Six Sigma countermeasures. The certification exam through the American Association for Lean Six Sigma Certification (AALSSC) is included in the course and is offered on the last day of class.
There is a total of 30 classroom hours with an additional 4-5 hours of study to be completed after class hours. The previous day’s content will be reviewed at the beginning of days 2-5. A final team presentation is required for course completion.
For students to learn the foundations of Lean Six Sigma and develop problem solving, process improvement, and facilitator skills. A graduate from this course is able to effectively implement solutions that result in lower costs, faster delivery, higher quality, and increased safety of operations.
What materials are required for the course?
- A printed student manual will be mailed or delivered to you the week prior to the beginning of class. There is note taking space inside the manual, but it is advised to have additional note taking materials (notepad, pen/pencil, highlighter, etc.) available.
- For the live online environment, students are required to have a high speed internet connection, a working microphone and webcam. The certification exam requires use of Google Chrome internet browser.
What happens if I need to miss a class?
- Your tuition covers the 5 days of a specific course offering. If an emergency prevents you from attending one of the class periods we will do our best to accommodate your schedule and invite you to join that class period at another time.
What is the testing policy?
- The certification exam from AALSSC is included in tuition and is administered on the last day of class. The Green Belt exam is an online timed 90 minute, 60 question exam. It is open note and open book. A score of 75% or greater is required for certification. Exam retakes are subject to the requirements of AALSSC.
What is the live online environment like?
- The live online Green Belt course is delivered through Zoom. Each attendee will participate in a group lecture portion as well as numerous small team breakout sessions to practice using the knowledge and skills taught during the lecture portion.